I found chimera apk files in my google settings. Im getting conflicting read about these when i search. Does anyone know if there harmful?
    09-06-2016 08:15 PM
    I found chimera apk files in my google settings. Im getting conflicting read about these when i search. Does anyone know if there harmful?
    Hello! I also noticed 'Chimera Modules' under Settings/ Google/ on my MotoX 2014 XT1095 Running Marshmallow.. What is it? Why does it seem sketchy? Is my phone infected, it's been bogging down frequently as of late?.. Thanks for any help!
    ~Z_
    10-07-2016 08:41 AM
    It's a component related to Google Play Services.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2016 08:51 AM
    Thanks @Pugs1957 for the info/quick reply! I just didn't recall seeing those settings under Google Accounts menu, & I'd also read elsewhere that one should do a 'scorched earth' factory-reset pronto upon seeing these. I feel my overtaxed Ol'-X could probably benefit from a hard-reset, but in lieu of being rooted (haven't gone there yet), it seems like dialing my phone back in to how i like it after reset is always a hassle that somehow requires hours/days of piddling around that the cost/benefit never seems worthwhile. Or am i missing something new in that regard with Marshmallow/6.0 on a MotoX?.. I seem to always see conflicting information about how easy /not-easy this process is. Thanks for any advice in that regard! Sorry if ic should have reposted as a new question! Thx! -Z_
    10-07-2016 09:58 AM
    That's no problem. Have no worries about Chimera. Problem is that people see unknown files, think it's a virus and tell everyone else. There are a lot of files you don't see on an Android but if you did, they may concern you but they are in fact required to allow the device to run properly and not sisnister.

Factory resets? Yep. I hate them too and agree with what you say. IMHO Helium is the best backup app to use. It will back up contacts, SMS etc and all of your apps and app data unlike those from the manufacturers that are less comprehensive. It beats others hands down.
    A system cache wipe will take 2 minutes to complete and can cure a lot of ills and make your phone run smoother. I'd see if that helps first.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2016 10:26 AM
    Hey- Thanks again @Pugs1957 ! I appreciate the reassurance.. yes -why do factory resets have to be such a hassle with Android since.. as long as I've been using them! LolZ .. in fact I haven't tried using Helium since many phones ago; i may have to revisit that another app again - anything to simplify that process, short of wholesale copying of my entire phone's files via Android Device Mgr to my Mac's HD, just as a precaution/ not to lose files/aps/pics, etc., a habit I've gotten into when changing/ upgrading phones lately. . Aahh, Android- 'such sweet sorrow,' if i may paraphrase.. It's all these Lil' quirks/glaring issues that Google seems to turn a blind-eye to /quietly ignore that keeps the experience, uh, ..interesting, shall we say? <trying to fake smile over gritted teeth>
    ..but thanks for the feedback/ suggestions, in any case! Cheers ,~)
    anon(632115) likes this.
    10-07-2016 11:04 AM
    That's no problem. Have no worries about Chimera. Problem is that people see unknown files, think it's a virus and tell everyone else. There are a lot of files you don't see on an Android but if you did, they may concern you but they are in fact required to allow the device to run properly and not sisnister.

Factory resets? Yep. I hate them too and agree with what you say. IMHO Helium is the best backup app to use. It will back up contacts, SMS etc and all of your apps and app data unlike those from the manufacturers that are less comprehensive. It beats others hands down.
    A system cache wipe will take 2 minutes to complete and can cure a lot of ills and make your phone run smoother. I'd see if that helps first.
    No a factory reset will not solve your problems and it does not have to do anything with the updates Google settings it is in fact a virus I've wiped cache factory reset tried bootloader nothing seems to work that I've found out yet. I don't no exactly what or how it got there but I'm assuming it's thru a bogus update thru Google jus Google tho and of course WiFi at home may got compromised somehow but I could totally be on the wrong track however I'll argue on what's happening with my phone/phones/computer/tablets/ only thing that seems to stay functioning right is the 360 wii u ps3 maybe cuz they don't run Google idk but a defiant answer would be sufficient in my books
    12-15-2016 01:50 PM
    Oh one more thing when u do your back up your only backing up chimera modules as well u can try wiping cache but I've found it only to still be there after the restore all the apps that do see it running ALWAYS ends up crashing.....
    12-15-2016 02:01 PM
    Oh one more thing when u do your back up your only backing up chimera modules
    Where did you get that from? I back up the apps I want to back up - by my choice. No apps get backed up by themselves.
    12-15-2016 02:04 PM
    It's a component related to Google Play Services.
    Yes it's related to google play n is running instant play games while we denied these apps..it's not good for us.. only to people who know how to put them in our phones Google's part of it n Chimera modules will hurt us..they will Controll u.. karma's coming. N u saying its part of google play u must be a wanna be developer..it's only a matter of time n you'll get busted. People need to speak up..it don't belong on our phones...period
    02-04-2019 06:32 PM