Hi, I bought a Nexus 5X for a friend a few weeks ago and got it updated to Nougat. I used my own Google account to setup the phone and install some apps. Then, I removed the device from my Google account, factory reset it, and gave it to friend. When he switched it on, it asked to enter the original owner’s Google username and password, so I gave mine. But after logging in without any error message, the phone displays the same screen over and over. Asking to enter the original owner’s Google username and password. We tried to wipe user data in recovery mode also. But the same issue occurs. Anyone knows how to fix this? Please help.
    09-07-2016 03:34 AM
    Hi, I bought a Nexus 5X for a friend a few weeks ago and got it updated to Nougat. I used my own Google account to setup the phone and install some apps. Then, I removed the device from my Google account, factory reset it, and gave it to friend. When he switched it on, it asked to enter the original owner’s Google username and password, so I gave mine. But after logging in without any error message, the phone displays the same screen over and over. Asking to enter the original owner’s Google username and password. We tried to wipe user data in recovery mode also. But the same issue occurs. Anyone knows how to fix this? Please help.
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm not aware of being able to remove a phone from your Google account, only to stop it from displaying for the Play Store.

Have you logged into your Dashboard and tried showing this device on the Play Store again? I'm not sure why that would stop your account from getting rid of that message though.

You might want to contact customer support about this issue. Also if you get logged back in, it is much easier to remove the accounts first before doing the reset.
    09-07-2016 05:28 AM