Why does my phone not let me use the internet when using public WiFi?

Artistea

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Iv only seen this happen on Android devices, but everytime I connect to a public WiFi my phone won't let me use the internet. Let's say I'll try to go to Google, all that shows up is a page that says it isn't private and attackers, hackers, viruses, etc may try to steal private information. What do I do?

Last edited:

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Typically this is nothing more than a warring message stating that you may be connected to an unsecured wifi network.. It should display a "proceed anyway" option message at the bottom of the screen.. But again it's nothing more than your smart phones securing setting notifying that you could be attempting to connecting to an unsecured network. Basically, enter at your own risk..

Artistea

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Typically this is nothing more than a warring message stating that you may be connected to an unsecured wifi network.. It should display a "proceed anyway" option message at the bottom of the screen.. But again it's nothing more than your smart phones securing setting notifying that you could be attempting to connecting to an unsecured network. Basically, enter at your own risk..

There is no "proceed anyway" button. Iv never seen it.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Proceed anyway speaking in a general term.. meaning that you've read past all the blah blah blah posted to you as a benefit or warning to you and just covered those whom created the messages butts if your phone gets hacked or damaged in the process.. Liability etc..

In my opinion if I was to get a warning like this, i would not risk connecting to that serves thus not agreeing to the terms..

Artistea

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Proceed anyway speaking in a general term.. meaning that you've read past all the blah blah blah posted to you as a benefit or warning to you and just covered those whom created the messages butts if your phone gets hacked or damaged in the process.. Liability etc..

In my opinion if I was to get a warning like this, i would not risk connecting to that serves thus not agreeing to the terms..

I understand what you're saying, but my problem is that I cant use the internet anywhere without this page popping up and me not being able to get past it. Which is a problem since im also still in school. The only place I try and go to usually is Google and YouTube. I just want to know how to get rid of it. If thats not an option what can I do? Whats the point of a smart phone if I cant use the Internet?! I know the risks, and I know I need to be careful, I just need help.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Let the truth be known.. you've just admitted where you're wanting to connect to the Internet.. Your School. If I would have known this from the beginning, I would have told you that you school (in order to curb Internet activity while classes is going) has placed a block on all devices in order to keep young adults focused on the class, school work and not the Internet..

Artistea

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Let the truth be known.. you've just admitted where you're wanting to connect to the Internet.. Your School. If I would have known this from the beginning, I would have told you that you school (in order to curb Internet activity while classes is going) has placed a block on all devices in order to keep young adults focused on the class, school work and not the Internet..

Im sorry if youre finding me annoying by now, but if the school has placed a block, how come I dont see any other android users having such a problem? And again, like I have said previously, this happens everywhere. For example, my mom has the same issue and cant use her phone at work. Yesterday I went to her job (walmart) and tried checking if it would work for me, it didnt. That same page popped up. Im just starting to think that my family is unlucky with electronics.

justdubya

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Both my wife and I have this same problem when connecting to public WiFi, be it at Target, Starbucks or wherever. I'm not sure how to stop it from happening but I have discovered that it seems to be an issue with HTTPS.

Your phone is trying to make a secure connection to Google and the public WiFi wants to monitor what you're doing for some reason and won't allow a "secure" connection to Google. Other sites that don't require a secure connection or the 'S' in HTTPS seem to work just fine.

I look at it like Google protecting your information as you may have personal or private details in your Google account. It's annoying but it seems to only prevent HTTPS connections when going to google.com.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463