Google Messenger issue "couldn't download"

A

AC Question

Not sure what the issue is, never had the problem until today, but using Google Messenger with Nexus 6P and now when my wife replies to a group message (same group message we have used for months) I am getting an error back to just our solo thread saying “couldn't download message, tap to download” but nothing happens. I am getting the other party in the groups messages and my wife and the other party can see mine and hers, but I can't see hers.

Any idea why? I haven’t changed any settings and like I said, this was never an issue before. I tried to clear the cache and data and nothing.

Thanks!

EDIT: Seems to be only when my wife replies to the group message. We have tried two different group messages and I get the other parties text, but when my wife replies, her says "couldn't download" and goes individually to me. But the other people in those groups are getting her messages. Thoughts?

becca0327

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issue for months with Google Messenger, Hangouts, every messenger app I've installed does this to me. I'm in a group with folks I work with. I believe my issue is with gifs not coming through. They used to, but not anymore. I've tried clearing the data and cache, looked into advanced setting in the app. Nothing is working.