Phone only charging sometimes..

A

AC Question

hey guys,
so I got a second hand phone, the S4 which is about 2 years old. It was working perfectly until i clumsily dropped it and it got splashed with some water. Even after that it seemed to be working perfectly until I went to charge it the next day and nothing happened. I tried different chargers and different wall sockets and nothing! The charging symbol appeared but the battery % wasn't increasing. I turned the phone off and took the battery out to check and it looked fine so i left it off overnight with the battery out and when I tried to charge it the next day it looked to be charging, it went up to 2% but then dropped to zero again and then I couldn't even turn on the phone. I did some googling and what I read lead me to believe that the battery was no good anymore so I chanced buying a new battery which seemed to do the job, the phone switched on and I had no trouble charging it although I did notice the phone wasn't running as smoothly as before. So this was fine for almost 3 days until last night when I plugged it in to charge and it was the same as before, the symbol appeared but nothing was happening! Again I tried different chargers/wall sockets/took the battery out and then had trouble switching it back on but it did restart eventually. This morning I plugged it in to my PC and it's charging... very slowly but hey it's charging! My PC keeps making the noise that the device is disconnecting and reconnecting but it's holding the charge fine.. the whole thing has me confused and I'm just looking for advice on whether this is a fixable problem (hopefully a home repair - can't afford to bring it to a shop) or if I have to suffer on with an unreliable phone/charging situation until I can buy a new one?!
Thanks in advance!
~E

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary