Samsung Galaxy 6: My smoke alarm turned on for no reason and would not turn off. BUT when I turned off my phone the smoke alarm stopped. I turned on my phone about an hour later and the smoke alarm started on again. I turned off my phone the smoke alarm stopped making a loud noise!! What has happened and how can I correct this?!! Thank you for any suggestions!
    09-13-2016 11:55 AM
    Smoke alarm? Are you talking about the smoke alarm in your home, that's mounted on the wall or ceiling, or something in the Galaxy S6 itself? I know that there is an overheat warning, which will shut down apps and limit the phone's functionality until the CPU heat dissipates, but it does not make an audible alarm that I can aware of.

If you're talking about the smoke alarm on your wall, it sounds like the S6 may be interfering with some kind of wireless connection that it has, which is causing it to emit an alarm that it can't communicate with the remote monitoring network. That would require a smoke alarm that is significantly more sophisticated than average, though.

Could you please provide some more info?
    09-13-2016 02:58 PM
    It happen to me it was GOD AWFUL ear piercing. I typed in Google galaxy s7 siren noise after I went to Verizon Today and called samsung. They ALL said I was lying.......I walked in Verizon told them what happen at my apartment building it just went off out of nowhere

It was so bad the building manager came over!!!! They thought it was fire alarm smoke detectors. UNTIL......Get this.....my phone alarm went off and interrupted it......it was then we realized it was my galaxy s7 ......then I shut my phone alarm off then it went back on Earth Piercing siren. .....the only way to disable is to shut your phone off.....or turn your phone alarm on......absolutely scary as hell....I'm ready to call news station or go on you tube.....as this is happening to more and more people.....imagine....a kid driving or a grandmother driving.. ...holding a baby in your arms....and this happens.....the noise is so bad all 4 of us had a headache for HOURS.......

SO sorry you had to go through this....as we did.....I walked in Verizon I demanded explanations and a new phone.....they called me a Liar..... but replaced my phone with the same model.....I begged for a different one....
    04-15-2017 08:44 PM