Alright, so I just got an HTC Desire Eye, and I'm wanting to use it on the same network as my current phone, Family Mobile. I heard you have to unlock but I'm not sure how to do that and I don't want to spend any money on that. So can someone please carefully walk me through the steps on how to do all of this? It would mean a lot!
    09-14-2016 11:41 AM
    So.. Basically, you already have a smart phone. Then you purchase another smart phone or devices and want to use it under the same plans you're already on without having to pay for anything more.. I would assume the smarty doesn't have a sim card (Strike 1) Then your smarty prob needs pre-paid time cards (Strike 2) Lastly, have you set up another email just for this home or have you even made it to the account activation screen?.. (Strike 3)
    09-14-2016 11:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the Desire Eye from? Was it advertised as unlocked, or is it still attached to a carrier (like AT&T)? If the latter, then check the carrier's unlock policy (search on Google for "[carrier name] unlock policy"). If it's unlocked, then as long as the phone supports T-Mobile's bands, you should be able to just swap the SIM card from your current phone to the Desire Eye. Be aware that the Desire Eye uses a nano-SIM, so if your current phone has a larger size SIM, you'd either have to cut the card down to nano size (there are cutters you can buy for relatively cheap) or get a new nano-SIM from Family Mobile.
    09-14-2016 01:56 PM