Black screen on boot after marshmallow update

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,
Yesterday i tried to install the marshmallow update using TWRP. It was the first time i tried that so i just followed tutorials. After few minutes of installation, my phone shuts down, so I thought it finished the installation. I still had 50% battery. But now, when i try to turn it on, nothing appears after the phone vibrates, not even the asus logo. I can't access to recovery mode and it keeps rebooting because there are vibrations every 2 minutes.
I really need your help, thanks.

Ene Razvan

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. Last night I received a notification on my A7 that an update for Android 6.01 is available. I started the upgrade, everything went smoothly and phone worked well. Unfortunately, since this morning the phone is stuck in a black screen mode. Everything else seemed to work. I tried to restart it into recovery mode and it only vibrated a little, nothing shows on screen. Ifor I connect a USB cable, the screen goes grey and nothing else work; I see it in my computer, but only shows me an empty folder.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you installed it yourself (using TWRP - it may not have been a TWRP backup), you're on your own.

If it was over the air, it's the carrier's liability. See if they can reflash the update (the larger ones can), or they may have to replace the phone (which is why all important data on any phone should be backed up).