My android phone, an LGL86C, has been acting wonky lately. Specifically, when on Pandora or Facebook, it suddenly drops me. I was curious today about my data usage, so I went onto settings, clicked onto data usage...nothing on the chart, and within 5 seconds it drops me back onto the general settings page or onto my desktop. I use firefox (switched b/c of issues with the internet), I have shut down the phone and removed the battery, with no change. I use Pandora on my laptop with no issues, and it doesn't drop my when I'm on Facebook. Is it time to upgrade to a different phone, or is this phone fixable?
    09-19-2016 11:07 AM
    Afternoon..

This is a common issue depending on your location at home or on the town.. We all want reliable serves with a stable connection. One thing you didn't mention is if you've adjust your mobile data settings to search for the best possible network connection while a wifi connection is not available.

One must realize that (depending on your location) that your wifi might become limited based on outages on the host side as well as from the provider's side. Perhaps my editorial would offer some insight one what's up with wifi & wireless in the future:

Android Rebel Nation — The Future of Wifi & Wireless*[Editorial]

Also, you seem to have allot of apps going all at the same time.. I would suggest that you curb your habits as to limit what apps can be used and at what times. Often these apps continue to run even when you're not actually using them.

As with any landline Internet.. one can simply be disconnected because the provider could be limiting your usage. This is known as throttling.. and even though you've paid your bill and the data could still be active.. throttling may occur but the provider may not admit it.
    09-19-2016 11:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The fact that your Settings menu is automatically dropping you back to the homescreen makes me think something is wrong with the system. Boot into Safe Mode to see if the problem is related to some app you installed or to the system itself. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
    09-19-2016 01:28 PM