CM Security - Trying to disable admin privileges crashes Android settings

A

AC Question

I have CM Security on my phone and I am trying to disable its administrator rights on my phone. But every time I do the settings app crashes. My goal is to uninstall the app completely. I have cleared it’s cache, disabled its accessibility, but cannot uninstall it. I have tried doing all of this right after reboots, even in safe mode. I cannot force stop or uninstall CM Security at all. I don’t know what else to do apart from using a file browser and deleting its files or a factory reset (which I really do not want to do).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Galaxy Note 5
Model Number SM-N920V
Android Version 6.0.1
Kernal Version 3.10.61
CM Security Version 3.0.6

MrMarblz

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
OP here, thanks for the welcome!

It did not come preinstalled. I was a fool for installing it and now I can't get rid of it. The lock screen overlay causes the display to constantly turn on. And I am sick of charging my phone at night only to see the battery at 7% when I wake up in the morning. Not to mention the overheating, memory leaks, and probable malware threat I have read about.

Any suggestions apart from a factory reset?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's very strange that you can't uncheck it from the device administrator list while on safe mode. Do you have any other app by Cheetah Mobile installed, such as Clean Master? If so, try to disable/uninstall it first.