Coming from a Nexus 6 to a Note 7 I had already contemplated returning the Note 7. The recall was a blessing in disguise. Now that I'm free of the Samsung trash bloatware / UI. What should I replace it with? My Nexus 6 is feeling dated. The Pixel XL is seeming like the only solid option. I'm just not sold on the 5.5 screen. The Note 7 screen was already a lot smaller than my Nexus 6's. I have no interest in the LG V20. What should I get?
    09-20-2016 02:43 PM
    I'm in a similar boat. I have the Nexus 6 now. I still like it a lot. The two things about the Nexus 6 I would like to improve on are
    1. Brighter screen
    2. Better camera
    The Nexus 6 screen washes out easily even near a window. The Note 7 and LG V20 have very bright screens. The Pixel phones probably will, but we will have to see.
    The Nexus 6 camera is decent with plenty of light, but is poor at low light. Both the V20 and Note 7 have great cameras (from the reviews I have read).
    I am going to see how the Pixel phones stack up. After the N6, a 5.5" screen is about as small as I would want to go. I don't mind manufacturer skins and I think I would be OK with the Note 7 or V20. I probably wouldn't buy a Note 7 unless some of the reworked ones come out at a refurbished price.
    Do you usually root your phones? I do and I need to decide if the V20 comes with a locked bootloader if I would be OK without root. Jerry did a good article about Nougat and locked bootloaders Android and chill: Nougat and the root question | Android Central I like to be able to run a wifi hotspot on my "unlimited" plan. Yes, I know........ and without root I couldn't do that anymore.
    09-30-2016 03:38 PM