FBI malware/virus removal on Note 5?

A

AC Question

So, earlier in the day, I got a pop-up up with the typical FBI malware message demanding a payment to remove the locked screen. The thing is, it only interfered with Chrome, no other apps were locked and I could restart/unlock/turn off my phone. After booting into safe mode, I looked through my apps manager, but found nothing suspicious. Looked through most of my files that I can actually understand(I'm not rooted, by the way), nothing outo of the ordinary. My Antivirus scans showed no detectections of a virus/malware, said my device was safe. Since only Chrome was tied up, I opened Chrome and constantly tried to tap home to see if it would get rid of the FBI notice. After 5 minutes, my home page finally registered between clicks, pulling up ESPN and getting rid of the FBI notice completely. Now I'm not sure if there was any forced install since only Chrome was affected, and also because I couldnt find anything suspicious. I'm thinking about transferring some photos, writing down #s and important tabs, then doing a factory reset. Would a factory reset get rid of the problem?