I can't used my SD (internal) after made factory data reset

A

AC Question

I made my storage card as internal storage for my mobile (Lenovo A7000) and yesterday I faced a problem in my mobile so I remove the card that have all my personal photo (this is very important to my as I took a lot of photo yesterday for the 1st school day for my daughter) and after that I made a factory data reset and I think when I back the storage card to the phone it will work normal but what happen is not that.
the mobile is requested to format the SD card and I can't do that as I need the photo.
is any way to get the data on card without format it?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No chance whatsoever, sorry. The card is encrypted by a random key generated by the phone. Resetting the phone has wiped the decryption key that was used. I'm sorry to say those pics have gone

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Based on your description of what happen, I'm under the assumption that you simply removed the card before unmounting it. Which would case an issue within the card (corruption) or within the device's system. If your MicroSD card came with a card reader, one would need to place the SD card in the reader then connect tot he computer in order to access the files. Assuming you have the reader and you're able to connect to your computer, it may not recognize the MicroSD card.

If you did not acquire a card reader for the MicroSD card, you will need to do this in order to access the data. Not all is lost and you end up either having to purchase a data recovery software or losing the images and purchase a new card.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Based on your description of what happen, I'm under the assumption that you simply removed the card before unmounting it. Which would case an issue within the card (corruption) or within the device's system. If your MicroSD card came with a card reader, one would need to place the SD card in the reader then connect tot he computer in order to access the files. Assuming you have the reader and you're able to connect to your computer, it may not recognize the MicroSD card.

If you did not acquire a card reader for the MicroSD card, you will need to do this in order to access the data. Not all is lost and you end up either having to purchase a data recovery software or losing the images and purchase a new card.
This doesn't apply to a card used as internal storage. It is encrypted and in a file format that Windows can't read. No recovery software will work,