I had a problem with my phone that when it restarts, it would forget all saved wifi passwords. I decided to factory reset the phone to fix the issue and instead got a new issue.

The phone lags for a second every 40 seconds like clockwork. Regardless if I'm recording a video, watching a youtube video, or scrolling through my messages/facebook/chrome it will stall. Sound does not seem to be affected.

I've factory reset the phone and I've even used odin to flash the stock OS onto the phone, nothing seems to work.

The phone isn't and wasn't rooted.

Anyone have any ideas what ther problem could be and if there's a fix?
    09-23-2016 02:24 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-29226. If so, then it sounds like a hardware issue, since you already reflashed the stock OS. If the phone still under warranty, contact Samsung. Otherwise, you could try an independent repair shop. They might try replacing the motherboard.
    09-23-2016 03:04 AM
    Hardware issue with GPU possibly? You have done everything you can with the software side since you flashed the stock firmware to your device. Have you tried flashing firmware from a different source? SamMobile, XDA, and Samsung support pages all should have the stock firmware.
    09-23-2016 03:04 AM