It's a Galaxy S3 phone. I've had this problem for years but only have the guts to ask now. My phone is working but it keeps freezing and when it freezes, it hangs for a long time. I have to take off the battery. When I turn it on again, I can use it for like 5 secs bfore it freezes again. So I keep my phone shut for 2 years. Just now, I tried to turn it on again and it went as far as the SAMSUNG logo. It just stuck there but the light is working like a loop gif. Before I do the factory reset thingy, is there any way to recover the data from the internal storage? Also, do you guys think my phone is completely RIP bcause I really really like this phone, I can at least try to save it?
    09-28-2016 02:52 AM
    Wipe system cache partition via recovery mode and see if that helps you get out of the bootloader loop.

You can also try booting into safe mode.

If you want to use the device, after you try recovering the data, I'd suggest flashing the latest firmware via Odin software. You will probably need a new battery, most are only good for 300 cycles before they starr degrading in performance.

NOTE: Wiping system cache partition will not delete any personal data. Factory data reset and firmware flash via Odin will wipe all user and system data.
    09-28-2016 03:13 AM