'OK Google' Crashes the Google App

zaptor99

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a Canadian Note 4, Android 6.0.1. I have changed my language to US so that the Google Search app is fully supported with OK Google.
I have enabled 'OK Google' from anywhere and it has been working for at least the last year.
Since version 6.3.35.21 of the Google App, when I say 'OK Google' from outside the app, the app crashes with "Unfortunately, the Google App has stopped'. If I say 'OK Google' from within the app, it works fine.

I've tried clearing cache, deleting all app data, deleting all my Now cards and all my Google history, signing with different google account, disabling/enabling the app., tried all versions including latest beta, complete factory reset, but no luck.
The last version that works for me is 6.2.34.21 which is from Aug 17, 2016.

I've submitted crash reports but not sure how fast Google looks at these.

Anyone with similar issues?

Jon Schrader

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a Canadian Note 4, Android 6.0.1. I have changed my language to US so that the Google Search app is fully supported with OK Google.
I have enabled 'OK Google' from anywhere and it has been working for at least the last year.
Since version 6.3.35.21 of the Google App, when I say 'OK Google' from outside the app, the app crashes with "Unfortunately, the Google App has stopped'. If I say 'OK Google' from within the app, it works fine.

I've tried clearing cache, deleting all app data, deleting all my Now cards and all my Google history, signing with different google account, disabling/enabling the app., tried all versions including latest beta, complete factory reset, but no luck.
The last version that works for me is 6.2.34.21 which is from Aug 17, 2016.

I've submitted crash reports but not sure how fast Google looks at these.

Anyone with similar issues?

I've been experiencing this for a few days exactly as you describe it also - latest updates on everything on a Note 4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza