The line is not there all the time. Some times there are 3-4 lines close together. Searched all of google everybody is just guessing. Does anyone really know?
    09-28-2016 02:22 PM
    A very likely reason, in my experience as an in-store tech, could be pressure damage.

One (unofficial) way to verify is hold the top and bottom of your phone and EVER SO GENTLY apply just the slightest amount of torque in opposing force from top-to-bottom. This does NOT require much force-just the slightest amount. Not enough to cause any sort of damage*.

If this causes the lines to appear even briefly (usually green, sometimes red or blue), you can bet that the screen has been physically damaged, and most likely from pressure or previous excessive torque.

I would suggest either dealing with it, as it doesn't sound like your functionality has been jeopardized, or to file an insurance claim; some carriers have started charging customers when they file free warranty claims on physical damaged.

*this advice is provided from personal experience and as-is, no warranty or promise that you won't damage your phone further expressed or implied.*
    belodion likes this.
    09-28-2016 02:37 PM