I recently sent my Note 4 to the Samsung repair centre as it was switching itself off and freezing a lot. Samsung sent the phone back to me with a letter which stated that they would not repair the phone due to 'extreme physical damage'- even though there is no physical or water damage to the device. But when I called the support centre, they gave me a different reason and said that I had voided the 'Knox Warranty' even know I protested that I had not done this and didn't even know HOW to void it! My phone was brand new when I got it and upon researching what this means, I am at a loss to explain how the warranty could have been voided. Samsung are refusing to help me, even though I am not at fault, and the phone has not switched on at all, even when charging, since it came back from the repair centre. I would really appreciate any help or advice as I'm not massively techy and I am now without a phone!
    09-29-2016 02:55 PM
    Knox is a physical fuse which is tripped when a device is rooted. I know of no other way it could be tripped nor have I read about a situation like yours. Have you owned it from new? Has it been out of your possession?
    I don't really know what to say as I don't have any idea of how you can prove Samsung are wrong
    09-29-2016 04:53 PM
    It also depends on what country you're in. Warranty laws vary.
    09-29-2016 05:53 PM
    I have owned it from new yes, the only time it has ever been out of my possession is when I sent it to the repair centre once before, when the camera and screen were faulty.

That's the problem, they're not willing to accept that it isn't my fault and how do you argue with a tech giant like Samsung.
    09-29-2016 05:55 PM
    The U.K. Extremely frustrating because I'm waiting for the Note 7 to be reissued, and I don't have a device until then.
    09-29-2016 06:00 PM
    i have owned it from new yes, the only time it has ever been out of my possession is when I sent it to the repair centre once before, when the camera and screen were faulty.

That's the problem, they're not willing to accept that it isn't my fault and how do you argue with a tech giant like Samsung.
    09-30-2016 01:23 PM