What happens to my ATT bill/plan if I take my SIM card out of my non-smart flip phone and put it in my unlocked for ATT smart phone? I currently have unlimited data for my flip phone.

Since I have to cut the SIM card to do this, if I want/need to switch back, can I tape the SIM card back together?

Thanks.
    09-30-2016 06:44 AM
    According to what I've actually done, it CAN be done. I regularly swap my smartphone SIM card into my dumb phone. (If I "lose" the dumb phone, I may get ripped off $15 to replace it. A new SIM would be free.) But they may upgrade your plan to a smartphone plan. (You can buy a set of adapters for $1 to convert between sizes - smaller card to phone that needs larger one. Look on eBay.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-30-2016 01:57 PM
    Rukbat--

Thank you. I didn't know adapters existed.
    09-30-2016 02:39 PM
    Naive query, somewhat related; but always believed hte only dumb question is the one not asked.

I have a Samsung Rugby, dumb-BUT durable - flip phone.

Currently an ATT user, and "out of plan" meaning we are month to month, 2GB of data on the plan. I am shopping and about to pull the trigger on Samsung Note 8 UNLOCKED.

Can I take my Samsung Rugby SIM and use it in the Note 8? If so what happens or may happen to our current ATT plan?
    10-09-2017 05:08 PM