Moto G4+ or HTC One A9 for my daughter???

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My daughter has used my Nexus 5 and it was ok but she ran out of storage space (16GB memory), and then she recently dropped it and shattered part of the screen. She is turning 11 in early November, so guess what she gets for her birthday. Her main uses for the phone are: 1) Watching lots (and lots) of youtube, 2)Playing games (currently Pokemon Go), and occasional pictures and videos with her friends. Storage is a real issue, so 32GB minimum or expandable via SD cards. I've had to go in and delete tons of pictures of her cat, or the carpet or whatever, as well as uninstall tons of apps she installed but no longer does anything with. BTW, we are on T-Mobile.

The key limiting factor for me is price. $300 is the absolute max we will pay for a phone for a kid. Other key factors are also 1)storage and 2)having at least an ok camera.

Both the Moto G4 Plus and HTC One A9 seem to meet the key criteria. Right now you can buy either one unlocked for $300 on Amazon.
- Storage: HTC has 32GB built-in storage + MicroSD slot; Moto G has 64GB built-in storage + MicroSD slot
- RAM: HTC has 2GB RAM while Moto G has 4GB (I think the Amazon listing is wrong, the HTC should have 3GB of RAM with 32GB memory, still it is less than the Moto)
- SOC: HTC has snapdragon 617 at 1.5GHZ and Moto G has the same
- CAMERA: HTC has 13MP main camera f2 apeture, Moto has 16MP

It seems to be the MotoG beats the HTC on specs - you get more for your $$. Am I missing something? I haven't been able to find any real comparison reviews of the 2 phones online, just a listing of specs side-by-side. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool