Today, my phone started misbehaving. Badly. I'm getting error messages REPEATEDLY, spaced less than a second apart, so I can barely do anything on my phone. Typing this is hell. The messages are about the processes "acore", "gapps", and "media" stopping (most frequently android.process.media has stopped), plus Google Play services has stopped. When I try to open the Play Store, it crashes immediately, as do all of my Google apps and a few other apps. I have a few backup apks on my phone that I wanted to reinstall, but every time I try to install or update an app, my phone reboots, the second I press 'Install'. Also, my WiFi won't turn on. It's stuck at "wifi is turning on". The wifi switch is also stuck at OFF; when I hit the switch to turn it on, it immediately shuts back off.

I have tried rebooting, and tried some things that have worked for other people, including clearing Google Framework cache, disabling then re-enabling my Downloads app, clearing Google Play store and Google Play Services cache, resetting all of my apps, clearing my Media Storage app cache, clearing my contacts storage cache/data, and rebooting into safe mode.

None of that worked for me. I am using a rooted device (rooted with KingoRoot), Alcatel A851L (Tracfone), android version 4.1.2. This phone only comes with 1.73GB storage, so I've been using a micro 32GB SD card to store my apps. I have the phone set to use external storage as my main storage. I have tried switching back to internal storage, but the error alerts persist. The problem started today, after I tried to restore a backed up app through Titanium Backup. The app wouldn't restore, so I force stopped Titanium Backup. The problems started shortly after that.

What can I do?

UPDATE:

@Rukbat "2. Even assuming that you have everything backed up, most older Tracfones don't have ROMs available to the public, so you can't reflash it - which, I suspect, is what you need to do to fix the problems."

I wish I read that BEFORE I factory reset my phone. I deleted a lot of stock apps when I first bought the phone, under the assumption that I would be able to just get the stock firmware if anything failed. Oops.

Anyway, my phone has gotten worse. One of the stock apps I deleted was the launcher. I had another launcher from the Play Store, Buzz Launcher, which was crashing as well. It prevented me from accessing my app list. I did the factory reset thinking "I'll just get the firmware and re-download the launcher". Looks like there's no firmware for me to download. So now, where a launcher should be is just a black screen. The only think I can access is my settings.

Do I need to just smash this phone to smithereens in an angry rage? Or, does it have hope?
    09-30-2016 11:44 PM
    Sounds frustrating! Have a look in these forums for your particular device and there will be many others you can discuss your issues with who can help sort it with you....
    10-01-2016 01:19 AM
    1. Moving apps to the SD card sometimes causes problems.

2. Even assuming that you have everything backed up, most older Tracfones don't have ROMs available to the public, so you can't reflash it - which, I suspect, is what you need to do to fix the problems.

3. Force-stopping a restore can leave you with a partial app that's trying to run, causing what you describe - it starts running, then crashes. (Android error messages aren't usually too exact.).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-01-2016 04:28 PM
    My Samsung Tab 2 is similar - i have been spending 3/4/5 + hours every day online trying to get answers to the errors and inconsistencies i am having - for at least a month now - and i am only going around in frustrating circles - and the tablet is just getting worse day by day -- i dont know if its maybe some type of outside hacking / hijacking or tech but i am unable to understand this
    Ip info/ is inconsistent across testing apps
    Apps crash Everytime i try to access bluetooth within an app
    Btooth/ wifi cant seem to find connections
    Google / facebook / many inconsistencies
    I am getting strange search results ( with reference to Robot.txt files sometimes restricting what a site can show me )
    Or results like this --
    In Yahoo i get told this -- when searching "my android apps "
    My Android Apps - Google Play
    https://play.google.com/apps
    We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.
    Google App (sometimes ) shows i am offline - and can't search etc - yet google in a browser is fine
    I could type errors for a month -- and im fed up typing about my devices problems ---
    It was reset to factory defaults a months ago, which didn't stop the errors and inconsistencies
    My photo gallery is very sad -- 99% is taken up with screenshots of various issues ( over 500 in 1 month )

I am no tech expert but i don't think I'm this stupid ( in case its me that is causing this madness )

What do i do with a device as i describe -- can Samsung / Android/ Others test it via remote access etc - its only 6 months old , i dont want to just bin it --

Feedback really appreciated 😭😭😊😊
    10-01-2016 05:25 PM
    Update

I'm back in my phone. After a factory reset, I sent the .apk of a third-party launcher to my phone via Bluetooth, sent the most recent Google Framework and Google Play Services versions, and installed them.
    10-05-2016 08:59 PM