Using my MicroSD card via adapter

A

AC Question

I am not familiar with MicroSD card so this may be a stupid question. I have purchased a SanDisk Ultra 64GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDXC Memory Card (SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A) that comes with an adapter for my Samsung Galaxy Avant and it is working fine when I plug that in (without the adapter of course) to my phone. However, if I plug in the same MicroSD card onto my PC's card reader via the adapter, I notice that 1) all the data I stored on the card via my phone are not found although certain folders (and empty folders only) do exists 2) OS (Windows 7) only recognizes the card has about 1MB in size versus nearly 60GB on my phone. However the content of the card is not the same when it was plugged on the phone vs. on my computer? BTW, if I connect my phone with the card plugged in to the same PC via the phone's cable, Windows is able to read the content correctly. I would like to be able to use my MicroSD card on both my phone and any other devices that accepts SD/SDHC card (through the adapter) simultaneously, is that possible?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to guess the card reader you're using might be too old to read the new SD card/adapter. Is it a stand-alone reader, or one built into the PC?

Your SD card adapter that came with the SD might have this written on it...microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC... so the adapter will work with any of these type cards.

You could also check Device Manager to see if there are any errors for the card reader when plugged in with the new SD inserted.

Do you have any problems with any other SD cards using your reader on your PC... as far as size and recognition goes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC