I dont remember my backup password, because i always use my finger print, and my phone updated and wont let me get it with my fingerprint, i must use a backup password, how do i recover the password or change it??? please help ASAP >.<
    10-02-2016 10:14 PM
    you can reset your backup password
    On a computer or in a mobile browser, go to www.google.com/android/devicemanager.
    Sign in to the Google Account that you previously added to your device.
    If you have more than one device, select the arrow next to the name of the device you're locked out of. Android Device Manager will show you the approximate location of your device on a map.
    Click Lock.
    Enter a temporary password for your device, then click Lock again.
    On your device, enter the temporary password on the lock screen.
    Open the Settings menu on your device.
    Under "Personal," touch Security > Screen lock.
    Enter your temporary password again, then follow the prompts to reset your device’s screen lock.
    10-02-2016 11:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Hopefully ShilpaRkltam's advice will help, but in my experience here, ADM usually doesn't work in this situation. There might not be much you can do in this situation. It's pretty standard now that if you use fingerprint unlock, the phone will still prompt you for your backup password or pattern upon a reboot, for extra security (at least, that's how Marshmallow and Nougat work on my Nexus 6P). So apart from the fact that fingerprint scanners can fail, this in itself is a very important reason to remember your backup password.
    10-03-2016 01:46 AM