Home button(the circle) stopped working after root

A

AC Question

I rooted my phone to fix an issue with the proximity sensor being broken however, now my home button doesn't work. It vibrates when you press it, but it doesn't take me to the home screen. Long press still will bring up google. I have tried deleting the cache MANY times. That does not fix it. If i factory it, the button will starting working again for an undetermined amount of time. I have tried to see if it's a certain program, or app, or something that causes it to fail, but it fails at a different point every time. I have tried a variety of roms and all the roms fix the home button issue. Works perfectly fine. but they all break a variety of other features and things that are far more annoying than the home button not working. So i'm on stock 5.1. Please let me know if there is a fix for this. Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I rooted my phone to fix an issue with the proximity sensor being broken however, now my home button doesn't work. It vibrates when you press it, but it doesn't take me to the home screen. Long press still will bring up google. I have tried deleting the cache MANY times. That does not fix it. If i factory it, the button will starting working again for an undetermined amount of time. I have tried to see if it's a certain program, or app, or something that causes it to fail, but it fails at a different point every time. I have tried a variety of roms and all the roms fix the home button issue. Works perfectly fine. but they all break a variety of other features and things that are far more annoying than the home button not working. So i'm on stock 5.1. Please let me know if there is a fix for this. Thanks.

I recommend registering as a member and engaging in the forum of whatever device you have. Other users will be happy to help if they can.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=409154&share_fid=4950&share_type=t

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01