Sent by and received from an Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. The image is distorted and has negative contrast.

Upon trying to send the photo again, the contrast is fixed, but image is still distorted. This is NOT a bad quality/pixelation distortion. I included screenshot links, but it auto-flagged me as spam =(

This kind of distortion has happens inconsistently, but has occurred several times. Thoughts?
    10-04-2016 11:11 AM
    MMS specs text, but not pictures. If you send pictures in a text medium, you get what you get - even different things at different times.
    10-04-2016 01:26 PM
    Thanks for the response, but can you elaborate on your answer? This is using the default text messaging service (Multimedia message type), which is completely capable of sending a picture without wildly distorting it. It also only happens between these 2 particular devices (both can send/receive normally with other devices, just not each other).

Here are two example screenshots: 2016-10-04_1002
    2016-10-04_1003
    10-04-2016 05:40 PM
    Have you found a solution for this?? I have a Galaxy s7 edge and my pictures are doing the same thing. It doesn't matter if I am sending them to an iPhone user or someone with an android. It's driving me crazy because no one can see the pictures because of How distorted they become.
    10-10-2016 10:21 AM
    Same here. I have a galaxy s6 and am sending to galaxy s7 and an iPhone. Haven't had contrast issues, justhe looks like pics have been cropped and then put back together in the wrong way.
    Dorothy Hickman likes this.
    10-10-2016 01:49 PM
    Thanks for the response, but can you elaborate on your answer? This is using the default text messaging service (Multimedia message type), which is completely capable of sending a picture without wildly distorting it. It also only happens between these 2 particular devices (both can send/receive normally with other devices, just not each other).

Here are two example screenshots: 2016-10-04_1002
    2016-10-04_1003
    They say a picture is worth a 1000 words. True in this case.
    These examples are not distorted. The files have been corrupted. The most common cause is a hardware problem. However, in theory, the files could become corrupted during the MMS transport, but that is highly unlikely.
    10-10-2016 02:02 PM
    Anyone find an answer to this? My wife's S7 is doing this as well. The pictures look fine in the gallery or transferred to a computer, but are distorted in MMS messages.
    10-12-2016 07:17 PM
    Haha, yeah I tried to include them in the OP, but wasn't allowed since I was still a guest at the time.

The original file is still intact, and repeatedly resending the image provides different results each time. Each photo is corrupted in a different way each send, which tells me its occurring during the MMS transport. I have yet to see it fix itself completely upon resend, but I'll run some more tests on that.
    Dorothy Hickman likes this.
    10-14-2016 03:22 PM
    Mine also, driving me crazy!
    10-16-2016 07:39 AM
    How can so many of us have corrupted files due to hardware problems or in theory have files corrupted during MMS transport? For 10 months I've been able to send photos without issues but within the last 2 weeks my photos are color washed, chopped up or blacked out although I can see them just fine in my messages sent. It doesn't matter if I send them to another android user or an iPhone.
    10-17-2016 03:05 PM
    I just got a galaxy s7 active over the weekend and am having the same problem when I send photos via text. They colors are off or it cuts off the bottom part of the picture. Any solutions?
    10-17-2016 03:44 PM
    So I did some trouble shooting and the problem ended up being that with advance message setting turned on pictures aren't auto correcting to a smaller size. So instead of sending a photo that is only a few kb in size, it is sending 2 or more MB in size causing it to mess up when sending it. So till the fix that issue you, you need to turn off your advance message settings
    10-17-2016 04:13 PM
    So I did some trouble shooting and the problem ended up being that with advance message setting turned on pictures aren't auto correcting to a smaller size. So instead of sending a photo that is only a few kb in size, it is sending 2 or more MB in size causing it to mess up when sending it. So till the fix that issue you, you need to turn off your advance message settings
    That can't be the case, at least not for everyone. My phone started distorting sent/received photos, and when I was poking through my message settings for a possible solution, the "advanced message" setting was initially off. I turned it on to see if it would help because it says you can send and receive larger files. We'll see what happens I guess?
    10-23-2016 12:37 PM