My Galaxy S6 wont turn on and has a solid blue light

A

AC Question

I have tried pretty much all of the common solutions such as holding the power button and the volume down button, the power home and volume up, and more but I still can get no response out of my phone. When I plug a charger in the blue light changes to the red light which means it is charging but I can still get no response

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A flashing blue light means that the phone is loading files - a solid light may mean that it's stuck on one. You may have to reflash the ROM. Turn the phone off. Press Volume Down/Home/Power (in that order, ending with all 3 pressed) and let the screen come on. See if you get the "volume up to continue" prompt. If you do, you can flash the ROM - see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

skfm

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Same issue for me started yesterday. Phone is gorked. Samsung tech at Best Buy says its related to a software update, he's seen lots of the same issue this week. He couldn't do a thing with it, said it had to go back to Samsung for repair. My phone is 3 months out of warranty. Samsung told me this afternoon that "Due to current circumstances" they are not accepting out of warranty phones for repair. Verizon rep at my local store just shrugged. My Galaxy S6 is now useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac