I PURCHASED THE NOTE FIVE FROM A COMPANY CALLED "Guarantee Cellular" OFF OF EBAY LIKE TWO MONTHS AGO . A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO ON MY GMAIL ACCOUNT I FOR WHATEVER REASON DECIDED TO ACTIVATE SOME "locate your phone feature" EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAD THE "findmydroid" or "locatemydroid" I cant even think at this point well, THE VERY NEXT DAY IM ON A GRAY SCREET THAT IS ASKING ME TO INTIALIZE MY PHONE . I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS PUT IN MY EMAIL AND IT JUST KEPT DOING A LOOP. AGIN ASKING FOR MY EMAIL , PASSSWORD AND SO ON....IVE TALKED TO SAMSUNG WHO SAID CALL MY CARRIER VERIZON . VERIZON TELLS ME TO CONTACT Guarantee Cellular WHO I CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE THROUGH EMAIL APPARENTLY . HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE . I MEAN IM NOT BY ANY MEANS "MR REBOT" however i would love to hack like that dude , BUT I AM TECH SAVVY ENOUGH WHERE IS I WAS ABLE TO SPEAK TO ONE OF THERE TECHS ON THE PHONE I KNOW I CAN FOLLOW HE INSTRUCTIONS?????

ANY HELP IS GOOD HELP , im use a prepaid dinky phone at the moment and it sux
    10-05-2016 05:52 AM
    First, welcome.

Second, please don't use all caps. On top of it being very difficult to read, it is considered yelling in "netiquette".

Third, your recourse WOULD be with that 3rd party. When you got the phone, did you have to sign in with your Google account or was it already set up in some way? It sounds like you're experiencing Factory Reset Protection, and the only way to "defeat" it is to contact the original owner to input their credentials then remove their account from the device.
    First, welcome.

Second, please don't use all caps. On top of it being very difficult to read, it is considered yelling in "netiquette".

Third, your recourse WOULD be with that 3rd party. When you got the phone, did you have to sign in with your Google account or was it already set up in some way? It sounds like you're experiencing Factory Reset Protection, and the only way to "defeat" it is to contact the original owner to input their credentials then remove their account from the device.
    pkcable and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-05-2016 10:53 AM
    Welcome! I see hallux has offered you a helpful suggestion, and you might want to give us more info and feedback. Please consider joining the site. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    10-05-2016 11:05 AM
    First of all ,
    My apologies for the all caps , i do know it comes across as if i am yelling and i am however at the wrong people/place ...Im just so frustrated because you hit the nail o the head and thats exactly the issue im faced with. I have the factory reset protection not allowing me to sign in with my gmail account that i believe i initially used to set up the phone when i received it. And tring to get a hold of guaranteecellular, THE CROOKED THIRD PARTY JERKS is impossible . so again my apologies .....Just super super frustrated and have know idea what to do since i can not speak with these third party crooks.....

All love always
    ME
    10-05-2016 12:28 PM
    I understand the frustration. In my job I've had to deal with people that had the same issue on Apple devices. Unfortunately for you, even if you COULD get in touch with the seller, it's likely they won't be able to help you unlock the device as they probably got it from someone else. That you were even able to use it in the first place is surprising.

Looking at listings on their eBay store, looks like they have a 30-day return window. Certainly outside of that. You MIGHT be able to file a claim with PayPal if the seller doesn't respond but you may not have any recourse with them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2016 12:47 PM
    I understand the frustration. In my job I've had to deal with people that had the same issue on Apple devices. Unfortunately for you, even if you COULD get in touch with the seller, it's likely they won't be able to help you unlock the device as they probably got it from someone else. That you were even able to use it in the first place is surprising.

Looking at listings on their eBay store, looks like they have a 30-day return window. Certainly outside of that. You MIGHT be able to file a claim with PayPal if the seller doesn't respond but you may not have any recourse with them.
    Both paypal (IF you used them) AND ebay have a grievance policy. Keep trying the seller, and if you get no joy, contact ebay and or paypal and file a claim, they can and will help.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2016 01:01 PM