Why downloads suddenly stop working on my Huawei Honor 7

A

AC Question

As the title says I can't download anything after short time of phone being on. I use micro SD card as default storage and it works and I can for example move files to my computer from it and it has about 10Gb free space. Restarting the phone fixes the problem for a short period of time but then it occurs again.

You can ask for more details.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Even if it works for a short time, it can be a bad card. (And if it's not a SanDisk, getting it replaces is a game of Russian Roulette. If it is, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support - live chat. They're pretty good at figuring out how to fix the card, or getting you set up to get a replacement.)

BTW, Android was never designed to run apps from the SD card. The fact that it can just happens to be an accident, not a design feature. You really shouldn't be moving any apps to it. (And moving apps to the SD card doesn't really save that much space for most apps. It depends on how the app is written and, since "moving to SD" isn't part of Android design, most people don't even check to see if their app can run when moved. But if it's written in a lot of small pieces, moving it can actually cost more internal space than you save. [Pointers are left in internal storage for each piece moved - if the piece is smaller than a pointer, it leaves you with less free space to move the app.])