I recently purchased a Metro PCs Galaxy Grand Prime UNLOCKED phone.
    I signed in, used it for a day or so and It was not reset when I bought it from someone so I decided to do a factory reset (Without signing out of my gmail) After I reset it I turned the phone on I picked English then the WiFi screen comes up so I choose the one I wanted and it stops connecting an a pop up says "unable to connect to a WiFi network due to a unauthorized factory reset"
    Oh what do I do???
    My original Sim card service is cricket
    10-05-2016 03:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get this phone from? Any reputable phone reseller should make sure that a used phone has been properly reset (which means removing the previous owner's Google account prior to the reset). Doing a factory reset without first removing the Google account is considered an unauthorized reset, and requires the user to enter that previous Google account's name and password in order to proceed with the Setup Wizard.

I would contact the phone seller and let them know your situation.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2016 05:27 PM
    My brother purchased it from someone he knew and it was factory reset, he did yhr device unlock an he barely used it for a day and didnt even get a chance to sign in to his gmail then I convinced him to give it to me at that point I just picked up where he left off, signed in to my gmail an started using it for a day then decided to do a reset...

After the reset is done and the phone turns on I choose English then the WiFi screen appears so I connect to my usual network then it stops it and says "unable to connect WiFi to browser network due to unauthorized factory reset" with no other options for anything else and signing into Google is also not an option.. Thank you again
    10-05-2016 09:04 PM
    It might also be Samsung's own factory reset protection. See here under Samsung: https://swappa.com/faq/sell/android-...cUvbUpU5468274
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2016 09:54 PM
    No that website won't work for this. I can not get passed the WiFi part. And its not asking me anything about Google sign in.. So is there a way I could do another reset without having access to the phones settings?
    10-05-2016 11:21 PM
    Did you try it? Remember to look at the Samsung section, not the Google section. If the phone is telling you there was an unauthorized factory reset, then I suspect it's Samsung's own factory reset protection, rather than Google's. If it were Google's, it would've asked you to enter the previous owner's Google account and password before being able to get to the Setup Wizard during the reset process.
    10-06-2016 01:40 PM
    Yes but I am not able to get into the settings to remove the Samsung account
    10-06-2016 07:40 PM
    That's a tough one. I can only suggest contacting Samsung customer support to see if there's anything else you can do. Good luck!
    10-06-2016 10:27 PM
    Thank you for your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-07-2016 08:07 AM