Choosing between the browser and google maps to open a map

A

AC Question

Before when I search for a business on google search and the business pops up, there is a map next to the business name, small, with the location of the business. When I touch the map, I used to get an option to open in the browser or google maps and "just once" or "always". Now there is no choice and automatically opens in google maps. How can I change it back to be prompted with the choice of opening with "browser" or "google maps". Thank you for any help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What device and Android version do you have? In most phones you can get that option back if you go to settings - apps - select Google Maps and clear defaults.

nidnoi

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for fast reply. It is a LG F3 (P 659) running v4.1.2
I tried going to the map settings and could not clear defaults. The button is "greyed out" and says there are "No defaults set".
I saw your earlier response. Now I am registered and logged on. Thank you again. Anything else I can try?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering! You could 'reset app preferences' but this will affect all your apps. Try this instead. Download a new browser from the Play Store (Opera, Dolphins ...), search for a business and see if you get the 'select app' menu when trying to open the map. After this, repeat the same process from Chrome. Tell us how it goes.

nidnoi

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. I will try. By the way...I live in Thailand and my wife just got a new phone. A Lenovo Vibe K-5 Note. From what she tells me, it is a powerful phone. I've been here 7 months and I was not even aware that Lenovo made cell phones. Are they in the USA?