I already have it set from settings>accessibility>vision>magnifier window>on.
    The window appears permanently on the screen. I can then shut it off by pressing the "x" in the upper right hand corner of the window.
    Now how can I turn it back on without going through the extended settings>accessibility> etc procedure.
    Or alternatively, can I use magnification gestures to bring up a zoom window that doesn't cover the whole screen?
    10-08-2016 12:32 AM
    From the manual....

• Magnification gestures: Use exaggerated gestures such as triple-tapping, double pinching, and dragging two fingers across the screen.
    In other words, once you have magnification enabled, just triple tap on the screen to turn it on and off... use your fingers.

Sometimes it's good to read the manual.
    10-08-2016 02:58 AM
    Sometimes it's good to read the question that was sent.
    The problem with magnification gestures is that it magnifies the whole screen, which makes using it very clumsy.
    I prefer to use the magnifier window, but reopening it after closing it is a hassle. Does anyone know how to do this simply? Maybe there is an app?
    10-08-2016 08:42 AM
    Sometimes it's good to read the question that was sent.
    I did read the question. Maybe you didn't ask it the right way.

Here's your question...
    How do I open magnifier window on the Samsubg Note 5 after I've closed it?
    You triple tap on the screen.
    10-08-2016 01:56 PM
    Triple tapping doesn't reopen the magnifier window. It's not mentioned in the manual and it doesn't work in practice.
    If you have magnification gestures on, triple tapping will open and close them.
    10-09-2016 07:19 AM
    Sounds like you're looking for a way to create a shortcut to the Magnification Gestures window.

There are shortcut creator apps on Playstore that might be able to do this... but only if the "Activity" is accessible to them. I can tell you right off the bat that Quick Shortcut Maker and More Shortcuts, can't do it... I already tried them. It's possible the activity is not accessible as they can't find it. You might try different shortcut apps on Playstore to see if you can find one that goes deeper than the two I mentioned. That may not be possible though as not all activities are accessible.

Other than that, and if you can't find something on Playstore, there's no way to get to the Magnification Gestures window other than doing what you're doing. Well, maybe unless you root the phone... still no guarantees there either.

Ain't misunderstandings a pain! Good luck!
    10-09-2016 02:55 PM
    I'm looking for a shortcut to the "magnifier window," not to "magnification gestures" which magnifies the whole screen.

What I would like to do is record a macro containing all the actions till I turn on the magnifier window, i.e. "settings>accessibility>vision>magnifier window>on." (with all the scrolling required) and store it in an icon or shortcut on the home screen.

Does anyone know how to do that?
    10-10-2016 05:15 AM
    I'm looking for a shortcut to the "magnifier window," not to "magnification gestures" which magnifies the whole screen.

What I would like to do is record a macro containing all the actions till I turn on the magnifier window, i.e. "settings>accessibility>vision>magnifier window>on." (with all the scrolling required) and store it in an icon or shortcut on the home screen.

Does anyone know how to do that?
    10-10-2016 05:15 AM
    Ok... more confusion.

First off, I don't own a Note 5, I own a Note 4. On my Note 4, there are two ways to magnify...

1) Using magnification gestures and triple tapping on the screen... which magnifies the entire screen

2) Magnifier... which uses the S pen to magnify only a small windowed area of whatever the S pen focuses on.

If what you want is a shortcut to #2, then Quick Shortcut Maker can create this shortcut and it'll be placed on the desktop. The shortcut will take you directly to the Magnifier setting where you can turn it on/off.

You never mentioned the S pen, so I still don't know if #2 is what you want to do.
    10-10-2016 02:14 PM
    I never mentioned the Spen because in my Note 5, you don't need it for the turning on and manipulating the magnifier window.

I just installed the Quick Shortcut Maker, but I don't see that it lets me drill down all the way in the settings to turn the magnifier window on.

I'll try playing around with it some more tomorrow.

i
    10-12-2016 03:09 PM
    I played around with Quick Shortcut Maker. I've gotten as far as putting an icon that gets me to settings>accessibility>vision on the home screen. This still leaves all the scrolling and >magnifier window>on to be performed manually, which is still a major hassle.

Does Quick Shortcut Maker let you put more activity levels in a shortcut? I don't see how.
    10-13-2016 09:04 AM
    Can we verify what you're looking for again? Sounds like you want #2 which I posted in reply #9??? If this is so...

1) Open Quick Shortcut Maker
    2) At the top, click on the corner arrow to the right of "Incremental search"
    3) From the dropdown menu, click on "Normal search"
    4) In the space where it says "keyword... type in "magnifier" and hit the red "Search" button
    5) Click on the down arrow to expand the search result for "Settings"
    6) You should now see "Settings" with "Magnifier" in the name ... click on it
    7) Click on "Try" and it should open to the Magnifier window where you can turn it on/off
    8) To get back to where you can create the shortcut, just hit the back button
    9) You can change the name of the shortcut, and even change the icon (if you have icon packs installed)
    10) All you have to do after you customize the shortcut (if you do), is hit "Create" and the shortcut will be placed on your desktop

Remember, I don't own a Note 5, but this is how it's done on the Note 4. Also, I still don't know exactly if this is what you're looking for, so if the screenshot below isn't it, please post the a screenshot of what window you're looking for to avoid anymore confusion.

By the way, on the Note 4, the full path to the Magnifier window below is Settings > Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Assistant menu ... (its part of the Assistant menu options)

How do I open magnifier window on the Samsubg Note 5 after I've closed it?-magnifier.jpg
    10-13-2016 07:15 PM
    Nope. What you suggest is what I've already tried.

The problem is that on my Note 5, searching for "Magnifier" in Quick Shortcut Maker brings up only shortcuts to a couple of magnifier apps (that use the phone camera and simulate a magnifying glass) that I installed. I very tediously went through all of the settings actions listed in the Quick Shortcut Maker and none of them go beyond the level of Settings>Accessibility>Vision. I need to get down to two more levels to Settings>Accessibility>Vision>Magnifier Window>On

Maybe the problem is that the Note 5 does not work like the Note 4? Looking at your screen shot, on my phone Quick Shortcut Maker answers "Not Found" when searching for "Zoom." Also, you cannot magnify by hovering the pen over the screen.

I guess we'll never know how Samsung did this in the Note 7.
    10-14-2016 04:59 AM
    I've finally cracked it! You go to Accessibility>Direct Access, turn it on, and then check Magnifier Window, I found this in
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...895.1475070843
    It requires pressing the start button 3 times, but you immediately get the Magnifier Window.
    10-14-2016 05:21 AM
    This might be hopeless as Samsung did change quite a bit going from Note 4 to Note 5. Can you post a screenshot of the window you're trying to reach? We don't need this then!

I'm glad you finally got what you wanted!
    10-14-2016 05:29 AM
    Thanks for the help and the patience.
    nahoku likes this.
    10-14-2016 07:53 AM