Till a few days ago my oneplus x was running android lolipo 5.1.1. Then i received an ota update for oxygen os 2.2.3 to prepare for marshmallow update. The installation of 2.2.3 failed (i dont know why). So, i read oneplus instructions to unlock bootloader and install the ota manually and after installing 2.2.3, the next day i got the update for oxygen os 3.1.3 i.e android 6.0.1 marshmallow. After the marshmallow update, i realised that the software update button is missing in the about phone section in settings. WHY HAS IT VANISHED AND HOW TO GET IT BACK OR IS IT SOMEWHERE ELSE?
    10-10-2016 04:25 AM
    It's NOT under About Phone, it has it's own selection now on the top of the settings menu, called System Updates. It SHOULD be checking automatically, BUT if you click on settings either in the app drawer, OR swipe down, then scroll down, you should see it just above About phone. (OR developer options IF you have those turned on)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    maybe it changed with the rom?
    10-11-2016 10:28 AM
    It's NOT under About Phone, it has it's own selection now on the top of the settings menu, called System Updates. It SHOULD be checking automatically, BUT if you click on settings either in the app drawer, OR swipe down, then scroll down, you should see it just above About phone. (OR developer options IF you have those turned on)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    10-11-2016 10:48 AM