Samsung Galaxy S5 LCD Screen Broken

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I've gone into the store and on many live chats and they told me that the LCD screen is broken because it works, I can unlock it and turn it on but it does not show me picture on the screen. I shook it and I feel like there is a loose connection because there makes a small rattling noise as I shake it. It is too expensive to fix for me right now ($250) and I was wondering if there was any way I could fix it at home without messing it up more?
Thanks in advance for your help.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
a small rattling noise as I shake it.
This is probably the camera lens you're hearing... it has to do with video stabilization.

Replacing or fixing the screen is not an easy task. There are quite a few videos on Youtube that show how to do it. More than likely if you haven't done it before, there's a possibility you'll make matters worse as you have to heat the screen to remove it. Too much heat and you could kill the digitizer layer too (touch screen). Not sure what you can do but taking it to a repair shop or having Samsung replace it for you might be the best way to go. Call Samsung and ask them. I believe there've been people who've had their screen replaced for less than $250 by Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane