Android to Android remote desktop

A

AC Question

Forgive the side story but it is to avoid any comments about just using my phone etc.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy tab 2. The tablet has a lot of space and consequently all my music is stored on there with only a limited amount on my phone.

I cycle round London listening to music but due to the size I can only ever use my phone as it is impractical to hold my tablet.

Therefore what I would like to do is remotely access my tablet from my phone whilst still being able to have it connected to a bluetooth speaker.

I have spent a number of hours today trying to work this out and have used the following apps:

Team Viewer
Remo Droid
Tablet Remote
Air Droid
ScreenShare

None of them allow me to physically view my tablet screen and control it with my phone. Team Viewer which is supposedly the one app that should do what I ask of it but it refuses to connect the two.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I am the one who posted this question, but as it was posted as a guest I couldn't work out how to reply.

Side Sync did not help - as I mentioned I am on my bike when I need to do this so having both devices connected to the wireless simply isnt an option.

I want to be able to physically remote into my tablet, using my phone.

If I am cycling only two connections will be possible, hotspotting with my phone, or bluetooth.

There must be a way to do this?

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Side Sync requires a wireless connection for one device to control the other - as I am cycling this is not an option for me.

Secondly - even when I am connected to wireless side sync does not do what I want it to do - firstly I cannot control the tablet using the phone, it only gives me the option to control the phone with the tablet - and even when I try and use the tablet to control the phone it tells me my phone is in use and so I cannot do anything.

Anyway, that is not relevant to this situation because I will not be connected to a wireless network whilst I am cycling.

The music I want to access is physically stored on the tablet on my SD card. Trying to use a 64gb card in my phone is not a solution because quite simply, it doesnt like it. Even if it did I do not want to have to keep swapping cards around as that in itself is a long winded process when I am trying to load 50 gb of music into my music player.

So - what I want to do is remotely control my tablet, using my phone, without having to be connected to wireless, therefore meaning I can only use bluetooth or a mobile hotspot option.

Ta

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm My bad. I don't use sidesync although I set it up eons ago. I forgot you can control the phone from a tablet but not the other way around.
Strange the SD card doesn't work. I have an old S4 and got a 64GB UHS card for my music and have no issues. Anyway, that's beside the point.
I have done a little more research and can't find an app that would help. Also, from what I have read the S4 can have issues with using wifi and BT at the same time.
Perhaps someone will pick up on the thread and offer some input but I'm out of ideas at the moment, sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21