I have a ZTE straight talk phone. Just about a week ago. My girlfriend would text me a longer text and it appears to be Chinese symbols. I have copied and pasted them into translators and it doesn't seem to stand for anything.
    The shorter texts are fine but everytime she sends anything longer than a sentence this happens. She then has to send me a screenshot what she actually texted. It is really annoying. Had the phone since March with no issues. She has a Samsung Galaxy. I have scanned for viruses and everything is fine. It doesn't happen with anyone else's texts that I receive..just hers. It's odd. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed please?
    10-11-2016 07:18 PM
    I'm guessing you've already checked the language/keyboard settings on "her" phone?
    10-11-2016 07:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! There are several threads about this already. Try these:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5491119
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...s-chinese.html
    10-15-2016 04:39 PM
    The same thing happened to my galaxy s4. Saddenly I am getting some messages in Chinese. I noticed my husband used smileys (which he always used in a past ). Yet, when he sent the same message without a smiley, it did go through.on the other hand, I got a message from my sis today. No smileys - Chinese...
    I tried antivirus, all updates .. Nothing helps.
    Let me know if you find a solution.
    10-15-2016 05:38 PM
    me too. Nexus 6. Nougat. got one text in Chinese characters. seems like a random carrier bug?
    10-15-2016 08:04 PM
    I noticed this start happening about a week ago. A previous poster noted that they could log-in to messages.att.net and see the messages. This is the case on my end as well. I can log into ATT and see the messages without any issue that are being displayed on my phone as Chinese Characters.

Phone: Galaxy Note 5
    Messaging App: I'm using Textra, and also have some other messaging apps installed (mightytext, for one).
    Android Version 6.0.1
    Kernel Version 3.10.61-8961126

I also noticed when I logged into AT&T that there are some messages that I'm not receiving at all!
    10-17-2016 01:37 PM
    Do you all have at&t? This happened to my fiance. I received his text in chinese. Its so weird and strange. Could it be a hack or maybe carrier problem?
    10-21-2016 04:31 PM
    According to posts over at forums.att.com, there is a problem on the AT&T servers sending or receiving texts. AT&T is working to solve the problem.
    10-22-2016 02:53 PM