Does anyone have a clicking noise on their back panel?

A

AC Question

I bought my H8 over the past weekend. So it has not been damaged, dropped, hit, scraped or anything. It's been babied and is pristine.

This morning I retrieved it from my pocket and must've gripped it just right that I noticed a clicking noise come from the phone. I attempted to replicate the noise and was able to press on the area of the back panel directly above and between the Honor logo and the IMEI sticker. There seems to be a gap in the casing/frame there, that if pressed just right it produces a clicking sound. I reached out to Honor USA and they say this is not a warranty issue and would not be covered under materials. They say the phone frame could be damaged somehow, either from being in my pocket or exposed to a heat source, they said they have no way to determine if the damage was intentional, so they suggested I return the phone to the point of sale or call Honor USA to arrange to purchase a case for the phone.

Can anyone tell me if they have this same issue? Maybe I am just being nit-picky, but for a $400 phone I'd expect not to have clicks and creaking noises coming from it.

Thanks.