How can I see ALL the photos on my motorola G4 together?

A

AC Question

I just switched from Apple to Android because I decided I hate apple about 2 weeks ago. I've been fiddling with it a lot and I started to like it a lot but it seems no matter how hard I look for a solution I can't look at all my photos at once and it's driving me insane. I can look at albums or pictures based on the day they were taken or the album's are all organized based on where they came from be it Snapchat or the camera or it was a screen shot or it was downloaded from messenger etc etc and it's just a huge frustrating cluster**** every time I just want to find a photo pardon my language. I don't wanna have to try and remember where I got photos from and dig through different albums just to find one photo when it'd be so much simpler to just put them all together. Is there any way I can just look at all the photos I have on my phone regardless of where they came from?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand what you mean. Surely they are all together, although can be grouped in this way or that if wished? What app are you using?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The name of the "album" is the last name (as a folder chain - the name of /DCIM/Camera/home/December is December) of the folder chain the picture is in. You can move a picture with any file manager (Explorer is the "file manager" in Windows) to any folder you can access, to put the pictures in an order that makes more sense to you. (IOW, you could have a "Kayak" folder, and folders in that for each of your kayak trips.)

You should see all the pictures on the phone that whatever app you're using can display (some of them can't display things like RAW format), but they WILL be in folders. You can't have them in folders (or albums), but display them all - without folders.

Ketermine

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the generic photos app that came with the Moto g4, they aren't grouped together they are all scattered throughout various albums but there is no option to see an album that has them all compiled together

Ketermine

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Also to Rukbat I know the photos are going to be in A folder or album regardless but I want a folder that automatically puts any photo I save download take screenshot or whatever all into one folder and there is no option to do that that I'm aware of, I shouldn't have to make a new album and manually put every photo I have on my phone into the "all photos" folder every time I take a new one. There should be a folder or album that should show ALL my photos together automatically, I don't care if there are other folders but the problem is there isn't an all inclusive one. There are folders in there automatically made to save ONLY Snapchat photos or ONLY downloaded photos etc so I'm trying to figure out why there isn't one that will just automatically show every single photo I have saved to the phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know there's not such an option in the stock gallery or in Google photos. Maybe some third party gallery app let you browse your picture that way, but I'm not sure which one.There's a workaround if you're searching for a picture to share, upload our something similar. For example, if you want to share a picture from Whatsapp tap on the paperclip icon - gallery - all photos and you can see all your pictures sorted by date and not separated in folders.

I know this is not what you are asking for, but it's the closest thing i can think of using the preinstalled gallery apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would strongly recommend using the Google Photos app, instead of the stock Gallery app. The Google Photos app by default shows you all of your photos (from any phone directory, as well as those saved to your Google Photos cloud) in chronological order. You can search for photos in various ways by simply typing in a search term (e.g., if you type in "swimming," it will bring up most if not all of your photos that relate to that activity). You can also look at individual device folders by swiping in from the left, tapping Device Folders, and selecting the specific folder you want to look at.

Ketermine

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
So I ended up figuring it out myself but I'm gonna post the answer here for anyone else who asks the same question. Basically it will only show pictures in folders that have back up and sync turned on. I turned some off because obviously thatd be annoying to have a lot of crap I don't even need automatically being updated to an unlimited memory storage connected to my email.... But I turned all the folders back up and sync on and they showed up in a main gallery with the rest of my photos. Hate that it's set up that way but that seems to be the only solution. Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
So I ended up figuring it out myself but I'm gonna post the answer here for anyone else who asks the same question. Basically it will only show pictures in folders that have back up and sync turned on. I turned some off because obviously thatd be annoying to have a lot of crap I don't even need automatically being updated to an unlimited memory storage connected to my email.... But I turned all the folders back up and sync on and they showed up in a main gallery with the rest of my photos. Hate that it's set up that way but that seems to be the only solution. Thanks
Didn't know that! I just sync my own photos with Google photos and very occasionally some individual pictures from other folders, so I didn't notice that possibility. Thanks for the tip!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech