I had a new upgrade for my alcatel one touch fierce xl . i decided to upgrade & then it showed the options "reboot now , clear cache partition , factory reset , power off" i clicked reboot now bc i honestly have no clue about any of this . then it restarted & it has been stuck on the screen saying optimizing apps android is starting. It has been like this for literally 12 hours . i have no clue what to do . it'll die & ill charge it , itll still say the same thing . please help . also it gas an internal battery so i can't remove the battery at all . nut ive restarted it and cleared the cache partition. Nothing has worked . should i reset ? Even tho i need my pics and apps.
    10-12-2016 08:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! After a system update, it should not go to the Recovery Menu (which is what you saw). It sounds like something went wrong with the update process. Since a cache partition wipe didn't help, your only other option right now is to try a factory reset from the Recovery Menu -- but of course, that will wipe your data.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2016 11:27 PM
    Yes yes i've been having this exact problem and i did the exact things you did and i can't find a solution
    10-13-2016 11:30 PM
    also can I ask how you've restarted your phone and cleared the cache?
    10-13-2016 11:37 PM
    Are you the OP, or are you asking that question to the OP?
    10-13-2016 11:52 PM
    Mine is doing the same. I have restarted, factory data reset and wiped the partition. Android has been starting apps for 12 hours. There seems to be no way to fix it.
    10-14-2016 02:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! In that case, I'd suspect either a corrupt firmware or a hardware defect. I'm not sure how easy it is to reinstall the firmware -- check the forums over at XDA-Developers.com to see if someone has a way. Good luck!
    10-14-2016 11:13 AM
    I had a new upgrade for my alcatel one touch fierce xl . i decided to upgrade & then it showed the options "reboot now , clear cache partition , factory reset , power off" i clicked reboot now bc i honestly have no clue about any of this . then it restarted & it has been stuck on the screen saying optimizing apps android is starting. It has been like this for literally 12 hours . i have no clue what to do . it'll die & ill charge it , itll still say the same thing . please help . also it gas an internal battery so i can't remove the battery at all . nut ive restarted it and cleared the cache partition. Nothing has worked . should i reset ? Even tho i need my pics and apps.
    it's now the same
    12-08-2017 05:29 AM
    Plug in the charger and let it finish. (It shouldn't take that long, maybe a couple of hours, but if you have a bad app, it could take longer.) If it doesn't finish overnight, I'd either bring it to the carrier (if it's not on an MVNO) and ask if they could reflash the update (only the update, not the entire firmware). If they can't, you might have to reflash the entire firmware, which wipes your data. (Which will be a good way of teaching you to always keep a good backup of anything important.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-08-2017 12:35 PM