Any recorder app that won't stop recording even if you get a call?

A

AC Question

Hi there peeps! So I know my question doesn't make all that much sense but let me explain; I work in customer service and I would like to be able to record my interactions with the customers during my shift. With a warning to them, of course, so they know.

The problem is that the actual recorder that comes with my Samsung S4 stops when I start music or get a phone call; it's annoying to set up again and with the kind of customers I get at night(you wouldn't believe me) I want the recorder to be on at all time.

So, does anybody know a good recorder app that won't stop doing it's job even if I get a call? Thank you! :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that when you get a phone call the mic is switched to the phone app, so it's not there for the recording app. Buy a cheap pocket tape recorder and use that. (And you can keep 30 days of tapes for not much money.)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Please note that there MAY be legal issues regarding recording phone conversations in many jurisdictions.Laws vary in this regard so check local laws, but often it is either totally NOT legal, or only legal when you either inform, OR get the person's permission. It's generally not the type law you go to jail over (although it may be in your jurisdiction), mainly it applies when the recording is attempted to be used in other legal cases such as divorce court, or small claims court.

DISCLAIMER I am NOT a lawyer, although I do work in local government, the preceding should NOT be considered legal advise and is not a substitute for checking your own laws and with your own attorney.

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hey, no worries man, it's perfectly OK to keep people informed of laws and such! Thanks! ^.^
On a note, I live in Canada so the law totally lets me record people... if I inform them about it! :)

The problem is that when you get a phone call the mic is switched to the phone app, so it's not there for the recording app. Buy a cheap pocket tape recorder and use that. (And you can keep 30 days of tapes for not much money.)

Well... I might just end up doing that! Thank you for the answer! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks