Lost all contacts in my S5 today - after some type of system upgrade

VSvelido

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I lost all my contacts today, both the ones on my sim and on my device. it seems to have happened after system upgrade. I did not lose any of my files, photos etc. Any idea of why this happened, and more importantly if there is any way to recover the contact info.

dant1127

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
First, did you have any of your contacts synced to Google or some other backup program? Anything you find Important should always be backed up, given electronic devices can never be presumed infallible.

Updates shouldn't have touched your sim contacts at all, though, even if it somehow deleted your phone contacts.

Have you checked your Contacts app settings to see if maybe it changed what is displayed? Maybe they're just hidden; contacts settings can be adjusted to only show particular contacts. Worth checking.

VSvelido

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for the answer, and yes, I agree, the sim contacts shoudl not have been deleted.. this is why I Wonder if it is an issue with the contact app and maybe my info is still in there somewhere... I did look at the contact settings, and tried different ones, but it lists 0 contacts no matter if I do "all conacts" or SIM, or Customised, etc. Thanks for the tip about the backup.

dant1127

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
OR... Apple hax0r3d your phone to get you to hate Android! :mad:

Seriously though, sorry to hear. It does sound like they might be gone. Any chance you have one of your old phones? Might be able to salvage a few via bluetooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21