Hello everybody
    I have a HTC 10 from T-Mobile and I am having problems connecting to the Wi-Fi in certain areas of my house (Specifically my room). It shows it is connected to the internet but does not work for some reason but it works for other devices like my laptop, PS4, other phones, etc. However, my phone's Wi-Fi connection works in other areas in my house but it doesn't work in my room.
    Can someone please tell me what is happening?
    10-15-2016 01:50 AM
    Hello everybody
    I have a HTC 10 from T-Mobile and I am having problems connecting to the Wi-Fi in certain areas of my house (Specifically my room). It shows it is connected to the internet but does not work for some reason but it works for other devices like my laptop, PS4, other phones, etc. However, my phone's Wi-Fi connection works in other areas in my house but it doesn't work in my room.
    Can someone please tell me what is happening?

Do you have SMART NETWORK SWITCH on?

HTC 10 has been designed in a way that the WiFi connection automatically switches to data. The already activated setting is known as “Smart Network Switch” which was designed by its developers to robotically switch between mobile networks and WiFi so that LTE can build up a stable network connection always. However, you can change the settings by following the steps below:

From Home Screen click on Apps located below the device screen
    Click on Settings
    Click on WiFi
    Select Advanced
    Toggle Auto switch to mobile network to disable or enable (if required)

If that isn't the case or doesn't work. Have you tried forgetting your network on your phone (Press and hold your network, and choose forget)
    Turn off the phone.
    Power cycle your modem and router.
    Power up your phone
    Then connect to your WIFI again, which should be seen as new after forgetting.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    10-15-2016 03:41 AM