It sees the network to connect to, I entered the password correctly, and it attempts to connect, but it can't. Specifically, I see the circle next to the wi-fi switch and the word 'connecting' under the network, but then it just keeps doing that forever. Occasionally the network will disappear and reappear, and it keeps trying to connect. It looks like it continuously tries to connect, but it doesn't ever succeed. I have tried getting closer to the router itself, but that doesn't change anything. My phone has managed to connect to a different wi-fi network once before.
    10-15-2016 12:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Make sure your phone is using the same wi-fi security protocol as the router (e.g., WPA2-PSK/AES, WPA2-PSK/TKIP, WEP, etc.). Review this guide as well: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    10-15-2016 03:49 PM
    But how do I find out which security protocol my phone is using, and when I do, is there a way to change it? I looked through my phone and online before asking, but I don't see where I find that out.
    10-19-2016 11:34 AM
    Sorry, I thought there was a way to set it on the phone, but I was wrong. Assuming this is your home wi-fi network, log into the router's settings (see the router manual for instructions) using your computer's browser. You can check which security protocol the router is using -- make sure it's WPA2-PSK/AES.
    10-20-2016 07:27 AM
    I checked. That is what my router protocol is. Thanks, but unless I can find what my phone's protocol is, there may not be anything I can do. If it helps, my phone is a very recent purchase.
    10-20-2016 01:59 PM
    The phone is normally AES, as opposed to TKIP, which some phones don't handle well.
    10-20-2016 03:33 PM
    Do other devices connect without problem? Have you already tried rebooting your router (by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in?
    10-21-2016 06:48 AM
    Yeah, other devices are fine. That's why I haven't tried rebooting the router, because the problem appears to be with the phone. I suppose I could try anyway.
    10-21-2016 04:02 PM
    It's always worth rebooting the router in this situation. It's actually pretty common to have one device not be able to connect, while others can. A reboot of the router often fixes it.
    10-22-2016 08:10 AM
    That didn't work. I also re-entered the password again, and it's still doing the same thing. Connecting forever, occasionally losing the network. This is becoming very frustrating. I may have to do all of my internet phone use outside my home network at this rate.
    Does it mean anything that there's still a 'lock' symbol on it?
    10-24-2016 07:21 PM
    A few other things to try:

1. Use an app like Wi-fi Analyzer to see if the 2.4 GHz channel that your router is using is really congested. If it is, log into your router settings and manually change the wi-fi channel that the router is using.

2. If your phone and router support 5 GHz wi-fi, give that a try.

3. If the phone's Bluetooth is on, try turning it off temporarily, since it can sometimes interfere with 2.4 GHz wi-fi bands.
    10-26-2016 05:30 AM