I have a Nexus 6p, and inadvertently sent it into a bootloop when I tried to root it; I also inadvertently erased the OS when I was trying to fix the bootloop. I can only access the bootloader menu and TWRP now. I want to flash the Nougat boot image from Google to repair the OS, but my phone will not recognize fastboot mode (when I use a command prompt, it says there are no devices attached). When I go into TWRP and try to use its adb sideload function, it doesn't find my phone either. However, when I'm in TWRP, but NOT trying to sideload, my computer says it can see the phone (shows when I input "ADB Device" into a command prompt.)

So what can I do to unbrick my phone? I've tried erasing the drivers multiple times, used different computers, etc. But no matter what I do, neither fastboot or adb sideload in TWRP will recognize the phone. When hooked to my computer, the phone allows me to access my internal storage, which still has all the files from before I deleted the OS. I can even copy files from my PC to that internal storage. I tried copying the OS .zip image and then using twrp to flash that image, but no dice.

I know this is a complicated question, but maybe someone out there is an android genius?!!
    10-15-2016 11:19 PM
    I have a Nexus 6p, and inadvertently sent it into a bootloop when I tried to root it; I also inadvertently erased the OS when I was trying to fix the bootloop. I can only access the bootloader menu and TWRP now. I want to flash the Nougat boot image from Google to repair the OS, but my phone will not recognize fastboot mode (when I use a command prompt, it says there are no devices attached). When I go into TWRP and try to use its adb sideload function, it doesn't find my phone either. However, when I'm in TWRP, but NOT trying to sideload, my computer says it can see the phone (shows when I input "ADB Device" into a command prompt.)

So what can I do to unbrick my phone? I've tried erasing the drivers multiple times, used different computers, etc. But no matter what I do, neither fastboot or adb sideload in TWRP will recognize the phone. When hooked to my computer, the phone allows me to access my internal storage, which still has all the files from before I deleted the OS. I can even copy files from my PC to that internal storage. I tried copying the OS .zip image and then using twrp to flash that image, but no dice.

I know this is a complicated question, but maybe someone out there is an android genius?!!
    You can try wugfresh's NRT http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/.
    Will probably help you with drivers and also to unbrick it
    10-16-2016 03:04 AM