I've had my Samsung Tab S for 12 months and all has been ok with it, except it is now saying that my storage space is running out.
    I've deleted unused apps, which briefly freed up space.
    I only play 3 games on it, which i've moved to the SD card.
    I've cleared the cache but still it says i dont have enough space.
    I only download radio shows on the BBC iplayer app and delete the ones i've listened to.
    I do not store any photos or videos on it.
    I noticed that when deleting apps and cleaning up unused apps, that in 12 months the amount of storage space for nearly all my apps has doubled.
    It's quite annoying that you can't delete pre loaded apps as the majority I dont use and these ar either google/android or Samsung's own.
    This has all happened since the last Android software update.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
    ahw
    10-16-2016 10:51 AM
    One of your games is loading a few gigs on internal (some apps move to sd, but still load files internally)
    Or your system cache needs to be cleared.
    Or you have an app constantly caching crap amd filling up space.
    Or you have a battery saving app/antivirus/combination (most do more harm than good).
    Or you unknowingly have a bunch of user data loaded internally.
    Or your last system update messed up.

There are other things you can do such as verifying which apps are using what, loading into safe boot to see if it persists, uninstalling all apps and loading in batches to see the culprit, disabling unused/unnecessary apps, clearing the system/dalvik cache, and more.

The problem with that is, it takes a lot of time, patience, and research.

Since you only have a few games and no personal data loaded, the easiest solution is a hard reset. I'm a proponent of hard resets after major verison updates anyway; fresh, clean start. I'm no pro, but a (mildly educated) guess is that sometimes the "optimization" after an update leaves junk files and/or causes issues.
    10-16-2016 11:03 AM
    Thanks for your reply
    dant1127 likes this.
    10-16-2016 12:32 PM
    Open the app in Setup/General/Application manager. Clear data. That should get rid of most "in 12 months the amount of storage space for nearly all my apps has doubled" - data is what's taking storage space.
    dant1127 likes this.
    10-16-2016 01:40 PM
    Oh yeah, i completely forgot that some (all?) phones let you clear all app cache at once. Easiest thing to try!

Personally I'm still a fan of a hard reset after major update.. probably just ptsd from working on Windows 9x/ME computers for a living after service packs.. The horror...
    10-17-2016 03:23 PM