This is the third time I've had to replace the headphone jack on my Samsung Galaxy S4, and it seems to keep breaking in exactly the same way. I have it plugged into the aux input on my car stereo and it works fine, then take it out and eventually plug it back in (without having used it in between), and it doesn't work. My phone stops recognizing anything I plug into the jack (aux cable or earphones) and instead plays music out of the phone speaker. It will work fine for a while before this happens, and then kaput. I bring it to the repair shop and the guy says the jack is completely burnt, which apparently never happens. This is extremely frustrating, as most of what I do with my phone involves audio playback.

The cable is from Belkin, not sure the specific model. I have not tried a new one, but have been using the same cable with my iPod Touch and have had no issues. Other people's phones have also had no issue with the cable. When I get my phone back from the shop, I'll switch it out just in case.

As far as my car, it is a Honda Fit 2007. I'm not sure it's even relevant, but maybe the car stereo has something to do with it?

Otherwise, maybe the phone is the problem? The repair guy is boggled, and says it might be something to do with the motherboard. It's also been suggested that perhaps it's a stereo/mono issue?

I'm really feeling lost here, and I don't want to keep paying for a new headphone jack every couple of weeks. Any leads?

Thank you.
    10-18-2016 10:10 PM
    What you could try is a bluetooth dongle to plug in the aux port of your car and connect your device via bluetooth to see if that is a better solution. They cost around 6-15.00 on Amazon.
    My son's lg g3 jack busted and he has used one with great success for a few weeks.
    10-19-2016 07:58 AM
    The car stereo probably does have something to do with it - there's probably some foreign voltage on its aux jack (the one you plug the phone into). Since the car is WAY out of warranty, you're probably not going to get help from Honda (although you can try the service department - see if there's a bulletin about that), so if they can't help you, head for a car audio place.
    10-21-2016 01:27 PM