it doe not matter if I call out or someone calls me, I can hear them but they can't hear me. speaker mode works
    Da808Dragon likes this.
    10-19-2016 12:48 AM
    So people can hear you on speaker phone but not on handset mode? That sounds like something that happened to me a while back on an older phone. Fortunately I was able to take it into the cell provider for repair. I think it was that the mic connection was loose but it could be an OS issue in your case unless speakerphone mode uses a different mic from the handset mode. Do try a hard reboot or a factory reset if you can't get it in for repair. Maybe someone else can give more detailed instructions.
    So people can hear you on speaker phone but not on handset mode? That sounds like something that happened to me a while back on an older phone. Fortunately I was able to take it into the cell provider for repair. I think it was that the mic connection was loose but it could be an OS issue in your case unless speakerphone mode uses a different mic from the handset mode. Do try a hard reboot or a factory reset if you can't get it in for repair. Maybe someone else can give more detailed instructions.
    10-19-2016 01:56 AM
    I have chubby cheeks and if I hold the phone too close it muffles the mic. I doubt that is happening but try holding mic away from you and see if that works, but more than likely like Dragon said it's a hardware issue.
    10-19-2016 06:54 AM
    Is there a mic volume setting? Or a mute Setting?
    10-19-2016 06:59 AM
    cactuspete, there better not be - since that changes the deviation of the transmitter, and has to be done with calibrated instruments.

For the original poster, check the mic hole in the case. If there's dust and lint in it, you have a soundproof plug in there. Use a pin (VERY carefully) or a pointed wooden toothpick to clean it out.
    10-21-2016 12:24 PM