I own a MOTOROLA E 2ND GEN 4G , Marshmallow running mobile phone. I have a SAMSUNG EVO 16GB SD CARD mounted on it as internal memory. Recently a msg popped up asking me to RE-INSERT the SD CARD. After I did RE-INSERT , I was asked to do FORGET. After I did FORGET the software was unable to FORMAT the card. There was also an error msg mentioning some COMMAND NUMBER AND PARTITION DISK ERROR. I took out the SD CARD and tried to FORMAT it in WINDOWS 10 PC. BUT it was unable to FORMAT. I tried to DELETE FILES ONE BY ONE. All got DELETED except the folder ANDROID. PLEASE let me know how can I FORMAT The SD CARD? Samsung says SD CARD IS FINE. Motorola says phone is fine. PLEASE HELP. PLEASE help me FORMAT MY SD CARD. Thanks.
    10-19-2016 06:23 AM
    I looked here and couldn't find a solid answer, but found this at another website I frequent when I have memory card issues.
    Just Right Click My Computer Choose Manage
    Then at Computer Management choose Disk Management
    At Disk2 Right Click at your "Protect Removable Disk" ex: "Removable Disk (F"
    and Choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths for ....."
    Simple Click "REMOVE", then Click "ADD", simple ....
    Try to Format Yours then Try to Copy Another files
    I would try this in a card reader and not your phone.

Is the card protected? Do you have data on it that you need to save first?
    I looked here and couldn't find a solid answer, but found this at another website I frequent when I have memory card issues.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-19-2016 06:49 AM

10-21-2016 08:24 AM
    Hey Mate,
    The SD CARD is showing in My Computer or this PC as the E drive, BUT it doesn't Show in Disk Management as Disk2. Though Disk 0 and Disk 1 are showing.
    Please HELP.
    10-21-2016 08:28 AM
    It won't show because windows doesn't recognise the file system. Don't waste time, the card is dead
    10-21-2016 08:32 AM
    The drive is showing as Disk1.
    When I right click and then click PROPERTY in the it mentions that the disk is working properly. It also mention that it's a GUID partition.
    BUT it doesn't allow me to CHAGE DRIVE LETTER AND PATHS... It says DISK MANAGEMENT CONSOLE VIEW IS NOT UP-TO-DATE.
    10-21-2016 08:46 AM
    Forget Windows, use a Linux device
    10-21-2016 09:16 AM
    Or right-click on the card in Windows, then choose Format. (Or look for HP's SD card format program). Windoes sees the Android folder as just a folder. (It doesn't know what Linux' "write protect" bit means.)
    10-21-2016 02:52 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely try this. I have also talked to the Samsung customer care and they have suggested me to take the card to the service center. But before that I will try HP sd card format program.
    10-21-2016 02:57 PM
    Downloaded Sd card Formatter software from HPs site. Installed in Windows 10 tried to FORMAT but the dialog box of the software said that the card is Write Protected. Now I don't have any idea how can I remove Write Protection from MICRO SD CARD.
    10-21-2016 04:23 PM