Apps not listed on "set as default" list?

A

AC Question

I want to change my default clock app to google clock.
If I go to settings/default apps/set as default, I don't see either the stock clock app nor the one I just installed.
Any ideas?

I have a galaxy s7 edge.
Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
To set an app as the default, you choose "always" when choosing the app. (If you don't get the "just one time/always" prompt, that function doesn't get a default - which app runs [like answering incoming phone calls] is hard-wired into the phone.)

mrpepelepeu

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
To set an app as the default, you choose "always" when choosing the app. (If you don't get the "just one time/always" prompt, that function doesn't get a default - which app runs [like answering incoming phone calls] is hard-wired into the phone.)

How is it possible that the clock doesn't get a default? Could someone else confirm please?
I switched from iPhone so I don't have to deal with this "it can't be done" bs.

mrpepelepeu

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I did it!
When you say "ok Google set an alarm for 5pm" it brings up the alarm setup. This interface shows the default clock app icon and next to it there are 3 vertical dots (menu). If you click there you have a split of a second to choose a different app. From then, the app you chose becomes the default for alarms with ok Google. Again: you need to be really quick cause the options go away in a second!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol