Ok, now I'm adding apps to my new tablet. I download, for example, Msoft Word and run it. It tells me as it starts, "You need to change the screen overwrite permission" befote it lets me run the app, and displays a link to the permissions page. I select the link. It opens the page... and Msoft Word is not on the list of apps whose permissions I can change.

So I back out of the permissions page... but I can't use the app. So I delete it and download Open Office instead (which is probably what I should have done in the first place.)

But still... this is not the first time I've encountered this infinite lockout from a newly downloaded app. What, precisely, is the tablet saying I need to do, and if the one I'm trying to install is not on the list, is there another app whose permissions I need to change? I'm stumped.
    10-21-2016 10:19 AM
    But still... this is not the first time I've encountered this infinite lockout from a newly downloaded app. What, precisely, is the tablet saying I need to do, and if the one I'm trying to install is not on the list, is there another app whose permissions I need to change? I'm stumped.
    What's happening is probably that not all Microsoft programmers are the best in the world - or the app programmer isn't the server programmer, so even though he makes a notification that Word should be on the list, it's not (yet or at all ever - who knows).

I normally just don't use apps like that, especially if there's an open source replacement available, as there is in this case.
    10-21-2016 12:42 PM