So I have a macbook pro which has my music files and videos which i would like to transfer over to my pixel phone. However when i connect the phone to the Mac via usb it does not get recognised as a device.

I have selected both file transfer and PTP from the phone's USB menu option but no dice.

Am I missing something?
    10-23-2016 08:37 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What you might be missing is enabling developer options and turning on USB debugging.

Go to Settings>about phone>scroll to build number. Click that 6 or 7 times and that will enable developer options. Back out one screen, click developer options and enable USB debugging.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-23-2016 09:59 AM
    You need an app on the Mac called Android File Transfer.
    https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
    pkcable likes this.
    10-23-2016 10:25 AM
    I've tried both enabling USB debugging in Developer tools and setting phone to USB to transfer files, and it's still not working. I want to use doubletwist to transfer music and playlists from itunes. I'm a recent convert from iphones and want my music on my phone
    10-24-2016 12:04 PM
    You need an app on the Mac called Android File Transfer.
    https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
    I've tried both enabling USB debugging in Developer tools and setting phone to USB to transfer files, and it's still not working. I want to use doubletwist to transfer music and playlists from itunes. I'm a recent convert from iphones and want my music on my phone

My Pixel comes tomorrow, and I have a Mac Book, and an iMac. I will do some testing with the app Hallux mentioned and get back to you. Have you tried it?

Potential work around off the top of my head would be to use Google Drive, or another file repository that works on both devices such as Box, or Dropbox, or OneDrive.
    10-24-2016 12:08 PM